BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"T. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:01:48 -0500
Drilling and bolting will be laborious.  Yet to be mentioned is what we
did back in the day (haven't work in a basement in a while).  Since our
intent was just to keep the wall from shifting, we used a Ramset powder
actuated gun to quickly shoot hardened nails (Ramset calls them drive
pins) through the plate into the concrete (fresh concrete is always
easier than aged but if we bumped up the gun's load we usually could get
fasteners into even well aged floors).   I assume they can still be
found at rental outlets or there are/were inexpensive handheld hammer
activated models available the tool stores.  Potentially dangerous and
loud so if you go this route use with care and hearing protection.