BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:45:43 -0400
On October 13, 1999 10:31 AM, Mary Dierickx [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
wrote:
> In a message dated 10/12/1999 4:26:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> <<  I assume coating a shingle roof is a stopgap measure to keep from a
> more
>  thorough repair or treatment. >>
>
> Metal shingle roofs, unless copper, were meant to be painted.  Why not
> paint
> it again?

This is in my county, within the jurisdiction of the county commission.
 Apparently they are suffering from indeterminate leaks; it's an old
railroad station.  County preservation commission staff suspects it may
just be the built-in gutters failing.  Small town administrators who don't
know how to properly manage an assessment.  One estimate for total
replacement is $200,000 from the total replacement people; a second
opinion roofer is proposing a stop-gap of acrylic elastomeric for $14,000
until they can raise the money.

Sigh.
Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.,          "Help me, Mr. Wizard!  I don't
Raleigh Historic                        want to be here anymore!"
Districts Commission                             - Tooter the Turtle