BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maja Mozetic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:19:41 -0700
Hello Michael
Thank you for your wellcome letter. I do have a house
thats cca 200 years old, born generations of poor
peasant people.
About the basic info:
The foor is old, made of wood, as insulation was used
hay mixed with mood and other materials. Above the
wooden construction there are terracotta (cheramic)
pieces. Very old too. The roof was leaking, but we
just moved some of this terracotta pieces into their
places in order to stop the leaking. They sometimes
move because of strong wind we have in this areas.
There is no insulation on the floor, just soil covered
with stone. The walls are made of stone about 1,5m
wide and due to lack of money they were never
streigtened but just left as mother nature created
them. also, the house is under earth level from the
back side, which basically means that looking at it
from the back you have one floor and from the front
you have two floors. The basement level has no windows
at the back because the house seems to have grown into
earth and stone. These room were once used for cattle
(barn) and wine producing. They are extremely called.
The material that divides the two floors is pure wood
which means that during the night you can see the
light form the kitchen if you look from the livng room
on the first floor.
I guess you have, more or less an idea about the
nature of this house and its condition.
If you can give me any advice I would appreciate it
very much.
Thank you
Maja

=====