BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:34:00 -0700
> What happened to Yukon Guy,
> up in Canada.  The guy with the feathery thin wooden
> trapper's shanty, or whatever?     Sign me,  54-40 or Fight

>Oh, you mean Cuyler? cp in bc? He's fine.

GEEZ, I JUST FOUND THIS OLD MESSAGE AND REPLY WHILE LAP-READING THROUGH MY
1642 UNREAD BP MESSAGES WHILE HAVING DINNER AT BOSTON PIZZA.

SORRY TO SAY IT DEAR SOUTHERNERS, BUT BC AND YUKON AIN't THE SAME THING.
British Columbia IS TO YUK' AS CONN. IS TO MAINE.

I too miss Yukon Guy and his shack.   Hey up there in the land of concensus
(did you know that the new government legislature in the new territory near
the Yukon works by concensus?), you still there?   You might be my closest
neighbour!

Here in sunny BC, my wooden thing is an original 1877 pioneer
packhorse country full-dovetail two story log flour mill with a new
replacement water wheel I just finished building.   Since they don't make
square headed bolts out here any more, I had to get them air freighted from
Montreal in order to meet the deadline for getting the wheel into operation.
Every time I look at the wheel's bolts I see little wings flapping on them
shaped like dollar signs.   The wheel is so pretty, square nails and all, I
would love to show it to you but I can not get into the new Pighabit Yahoo
site to drop a photo.

cp still in bc (not yuk')
By an interesting (but meaningless) coincidence, they were whipsawing the
grist mill's lumber here the same week Custer got cut down on the other side
of the 49th.