BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The parapyschology listserv ....
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:05:03 -0700
re: Thanks again Ken.

> Heritage translated into instant real-time economic gain through tourism
> seems to me to be a factor in the use of short term thinking

Doing my best to turn the current stupid government tourism thinking reason
for heritage sites back into something to do with good citizenship and civic
memory, but it is hard going here.  However, two weeks ago, I submitted a 75
page document as my "Qualifications" for stage two (RFQ) in the bidding
process now going on to take over British Columbia's historic sites.  (the
only salvation here may be to become a beneficent dictator)   In the midst
of the verbiage required by the process, I included membership on BP-List as
one of my credentials.   If anyone from the Provincial Government phones to
check the reference, please say something nice.

> of get it up and going,

Says it all !

> Having been brought up with the promise that the world will end suddenly,

Was that an Ithaca thing?  I still remember that sixth grade schoolbus
morning, heading down State Street hill with a big rain cloud overhead about
to let loose, and me sitting there on the bus thinking about the morning
WHCU radio news that had just said that the big radioactive cloud from the
recent atomic test was passing over Central New York that morning and that
people should keep their doors and windows closed and not go outside uinless
necessary, and here we were on the school bus ! ! ! -  right out there in
the open, and didn't they care about kids, and why did they let us all get
on the bus, and should I hold my breath until getting back indoors - but
knowing I couln't hold it that long since we were heading for West Hill
School, and then thinking that we would have to open the building doors to
get back inside anyway, so what did it matter since the radioactivity was
going to get inside with us anyway - - - the beginning moment of a personal
childhood philosophy to "just get on with it" because we might just be
surrounded by adult idiots.

> T. Leary... another subject I may know more than I need of.

Never enough for some!
After Baba Ram Das spoke in Vancouver, BC in 1966, someone in the audience
asked him to say more about how to get high.   He replied, "Look, we all
know how to get high!   The question is "Why do we come down?" ! ! ! ! !"

cp in bc
Sitting at Boston Pizza enjoying the e-voices of each of you in my head
- while the sports-bar TV is just now turned up for all to hear a local news
story about a Provincial Government Ministry of Environment person who got
his layoff notice today and went back into the office and started shooting
his former co-workers.   Do plastic slate tiles matter?   We do live in
diverse times!   I really appreciate you brothers and sisters who help keep
the faith alive.