BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:46:42 -0800
Recently there have been a lot of TV and radio programs about new
discoveries or observations related to the evolution of the human body, mind
and social culture.   Is it possible that all those innumerable wordy signs
that litter our daily visual landscape with messages about speed limits and
"Yield" and Marlborough are actually evolutionary extensions of our mind,
necessary because we can no longer remember?

Perhaps it is time for a revivalist highway sign message that says in bold
Ariel text, "Who cares!", or might that be a sign of atheism?    Just
finished reading "Snow" by Orhan Pamuk.   What a great writer!    No wonder
a Nobel Prize.  For visual artists, read "My Name is Red" first.

cp in bc
(or at least I think so)

-----