BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:10:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/1999 9:56:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> As explained to me, this means that a permit is not
>  granted until the appeal period (15 days) has expired.
>  Decisions may also be appealed by the applicant/owner.
>
>  Here in our little burg, Wilmington, DE, anyone may also
>  appeal any decision.  However, the concern is that once
>  a permit is granted, anything can happen before any
>  aggreived/aggravated party has a chance to object WITHIN
>  the appeal period.

And what would happen if, in the appeals period, the permit was rescinded,
but the owner had already started or completed work? would the now
non-permited work have to be re-installed?

Sounds to me like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Why grant the permit until the
owner can go forward with the work with assurance? It doesn't make sense.

I think you are very wise to pursue changing this.

-Heidi