BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Louis Sullivan Smiley-Face Listserv! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:30:00 -0700
Ken,  I'll take a good "bodice ripper" any day of the week!  BTW:  I
recently read "Praise at Morning" by Mildred Masterson McNeilly which is
centered around the South St Seaport before and during the Civil War.

As some may remember some years ago my young son went on a school trip to
the city and I was concerned about him going.  One of the places they
visited was South St Seaport, which I gather is now a tourist attraction.
It certainly wasn't in the mid 1800's.  It was a dirty, filthy place
peopled by thugs and other undesirables.  I'd have loved to have been
there!  As a life long resident of land locked Vermont I always wished I
could go to sea.  I know one man who did escape and was in the navy and
then the Merchant Marine.  Darned being a girl, I couldn't go.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT