BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:41:58 -0700
Up heah we feed oyster shells to chickens to make the egg shells harder.
Maybe we could burn egg shells to make lime?

If you can get lime from oyster shells they must contain lime.  How do
oysters make shells?  And where do they get their lime?  Maybe it would be
more efficient to get your lime at the source.  For that matter, how do
hens make egg shells?  I have butchered many hens and have never identified
the "egg shell making" organ.  Ruth

PS:  Questions like this happen either when I have trouble falling asleep
at night or sit too long on the john in the morning.