BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:49:24 EST
A lot of new subscribers to BP.

Those of us on BP should start some new topics regarding our preservation
woes.
If you invite someone into BP then please encourage them to talk on BP.

Many people talk to me... I'd prefer that we all talk to the group. I'm often
bogged down and can't get to the e-mail. I recently did a spat on the Gab &
Eti website... and now I'm reworking the APT website. APT now has 25 Meg of
space courtesy of the NCPTT/NPS and I'm working against a deadline to be
online by June 1st.

A lot of the preservationeers may be off in Boston right now.

A bunch of PTN stuff going on... I'd like to see more TRADE related discussion
here.

What is this crap about "all the way down to the trades"? I would think that
the preservation industry would be visualized as a flat file, not an up/down
thing. Talking about *headless hands* -- I've been reading a book about right-
brain disorders. Contemplate the modern emphasis on abstraction as a defining
quality of a higher human form. I think that the increasing interest in
Emotional Intelligence is a good place to key in the sensory knowledge of hand
work. I firmly believe that historic preservation starts and ends in the
hands. Bite that!

Those new to BP should introduce themselves.
Don't be shy.
This is the place to say anything within or without of reason.

][<en Follett