BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:12:20 -0800
oh my gosh....
I just realized that one of my favorite hand gestures,
while going "DUH!", is the thing that that one
political cartoonist always has a little
diapered baby doing....
sticking a finger up one nostril --
in my family, it's accompanied by a rolling of the
eyes
and means, "those idiots don't have a clue"   ;)

I actually performed the damn salute unknowingly
during one of my "demos" on trailers, while
emphasizing
a point that most people don't recognize trailers as
an
historic resource....
I think lisa sasser may have been there.... course,
at that point (monday), I was still so disoriented
that
I didn't know who lisa sasser WAS  ;)
I was just wildly encouraged by the fact that she kept
grinning from ear to ear and nodding   ;)

that is TOO damn funny!!!   just goes to show, BP'ers
are born, not made   ;)

I'll be laughing about this during moments of gloom
for at least the next several weeks... it should get
me safely thru the holidays if I combine it with all
the other hilarious and wonderful moments ensuing from
being the "trailer lady" at an historic preservation
trades workshop   ;)
it was no accident I donated rubbermaid (NOT
tupperware dammit!) as a door prize   ;)
and apparently, no accident that I was even IN
harrisburg, even though I had my doubts as to what I
could possibly be doing there, early on   ;)

one of my dad's favorite sayings was:
"she sounded a little like the village idiot talking
to the town drunk"... he used to announce this to all
present at the office, to my great embarrassment, when
we'd return from a meeting with an architect during
which I had tried to convince the architect that my
way of laying out the restroom stalls, using factory
stock size components and colors, would be vastly
superior to the imaginary sizes and custom colors the
aforementioned architect had drawn...
and invariably somewhere during his recounting of the
hilarities of watching me do battle, I'd play the
architect, pull the salute, and say "duhh, REALLY??"

not quite as norman rockwell image-invoking as the
esteemed mr. leeke's family story, (which was freaking
wonderful, by the way), but still makes me wonder if
my dad wouldn't be enjoying pinhead repartee if he
were alive today.... and getting a huge kick out of
the concept of "convergence" !!!   <BIG ;) >

glad to have finally met you, and the others...
it was great!!

deb