BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:09:22 -0500
... as opposed to artifactual.

So, what am I supposed to say or feel when people send me an e-mail asking if I
am the "real" Ken Follett? In order to avoid the question I have taken on the
name of one of my characters who then goes out and writes a rather poorly
written story about an imaginary Ken Follett who wants to write like the famous
Ken Follett whom he imagines to exist, as imaginary as people walking on the
moon or a hollow earth, that is in turn a Ken Follett that is inaccessible and
legendary and won't answer my invitations to lunch. Where is this authentic?
Actually, my interest is in mimesis, wherein we attain to fake the authentic,
for fun and pleasure; like with the legendary faked orgasms of brown trout I
recently discover has been studied and reported upon, though not in Ladies Home
Journal.