BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:59:18 -0800
> during one of my "demos" on trailers, while emphasizing
> a point that most people don't recognize trailers as
> an historic resource.... being the "trailer lady" > deb

Dear Trailer Lady,
At the Museum of Jurassic Technology, David Wilson has created a wonderful
exhibit celebrating early trailer history and trailer culture, a compact
beauty of an exhibit with texts and photos from the early days of mobile
trailer living, everything from vehicle construction to stories of residents
learning to do the private family laundry in the public places of the
trailer parks. Check out www.mjt.org/exhibits/trailers/trailers.htm for a
sample of the attitude but unfortunately no pictures.   The exhibit manages
to link Edwin Hubble's Second Realization with The Indigenous Seed Bank
Program, Noah, and Mary Wing's 1933 invention, enhanced by exquisite little
models of the ovoid trailers in night-time mini-dioramas with lights shining
from the cozy innards of the little two wheeled spaceships.

Cuyler in Canada