BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:35:13 -0500
Same question here about which will last longer...

New GFRC is going up at Lane Hall on the U of M Campus in Ann Arbor next
week, but only on the small addition.  The original building has its
original terra cotta cornice which I strongly advocated to save.  It
looks beautiful!  Because of corroded anchors, we had to completely
disassemble the cornice to the level of the brackets, and reassemble it
with new steel.  If we hadn't saved the original terra cotta, more
invasive demo. would have been required.  We did a good thing, partly by
encouraging less waste into the landfill, and partly by explaining that
it didn't have to look all new and perfect to do the job.

So, which will last longer?  Some future generation will see...

Ilene

P.S.  Banff was great!