BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:36:52 -0800
I get my large format prints copied at Staples now. Used to be you had
to go to a dedicated architectural blueprint (sic) service.

Last set I had to do I told the young smiling girl at the counter that I
needed 1 of 6... meaning one print of six originals. She wrote it on the
paper properly. Told me 15 minutes. I was happy, thought I might have to
leave them overnight and make a 2nd trip (though if the architect was
not so cheap to give me 2 sets to begin with as I asked... what may have
taken them twenty minutes to print up... for me it is an hour and a half
each time in travel to the Staples & back... and particularly that the
architect is always asking me why things take so long...) regardless,
fifteen minutes went past and they thought possibly I had left the
store... until the young smiling girl spotted me fumbling around with
ear flaps -- turns out they did not have the same size of paper and
wanted to make a reduction... suited me even better since all I wanted
was a means of communicating out from me to others on the team... so
much depends on communications - so the guy doing the copies then
figured out his machine was jamming and they asked me to come back in an
hour. Fine by me, I went shopping. On returning I saw they had prints
stacked in piles all over the place and the guy working away acting very
frantic when he saw me. Told me he was almost finished. I figured out
something was wrong and asked him how many copies he was making... 6 of
6. I told him I only wanted one copy. It was clearly writ on the paper.
No argument. The young smiling girl had told him 6. At $40 I got one
copy and they ate the remainder. And at all that they had their act
together a whole lot better than the morons at our Home Depor rental center.

What I do like is that these Lung Island kids do seem to be interested
in the heritage images that they see in the prints.

][<