BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:57:15 -0500
Rudy,

One of my current histo-presto obsessions is documentation of buildings built
with natural cement. More than 80% of that would have happened pre-1899, the
date of publication of Ruth's book on Cleveland buildings. There are
historical references indicating that several bridges, industrial structures
and federal government buildings in Cleveland were built with natural cement
in 1898 or earlier. If any of them are in the book, that may constitute a rare
record of their existence, what they looked like and what happened to them.

If any of those structures are documented in this book, then maybe it belongs
in the Century House natural cement museum, rather than in a private
collection.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President