BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:30:40 -0500
some months back i was visiting some of my friends in the marine corp,
and they said that the air force lost a whole lot of young pilots from
the program all at once because of the first generation of Lasik
surgery.  Apparently the earliest techniques would undue themselves
violently at high G force.  So a whole bunch of kids who got the
surgery just so they could see well enough to join the air force and
fly jets ended up with less glorious air force jobs.