BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:34:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/1999 5:51:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> 1.  At Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church (1901 church at 73rd, altered
1960)
>  they have ripped out the entire ground floor - I mean the floor itself.  It
>  had been raked in the 1960's and they are going to relay it as it was
>  originally.  The church is now a giant open pit, right up to the glazed
> front
>  doors (you can peek in), and they had to put up warning signs for the Fire
>  Department and trespassers.  She says they were ordered by a Polish
workman -

>  they say "HAZARD CONDITION".

I just wandered up there last weekend, while shoe shopping with my mother,
and noticed some construction decorations. And ironically enough, I thought
to myself... (and I really did too...) "Gee I wonder if the Amazin' Mr. Gray
knows anything about this project."

Lo and behold...

Just warms the cockles of my heart.

-Heidi