BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:38:04 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2001 6:04:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Andy Rooney recently projected that the Bill Gateses of the future
 will be living in the little houses while the mansions are residence
 to the plumbers and car mechanics.  Add to those the stone masons,
 wood joiners, materials conservators, the architects who know what
 what lime is used for, and others who regard hand work as valuable
 skill not punishment.  But as long as it is cheaper to throw
 away....Hold that thought.  That's another rant. >>

I ain't holding my breath for the day when I live in a better house than Bill
Gates.   On the other hand, we little people are happy with our socioeconomic
status,or at least knowing that the work we do is important (if undervalued),
and surely Bill has too many worries to be as truly happy as we.

Ralph