BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The "hissen at the silence" listserv ....
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:44:10 -0400
 ...am not terribly familiar with bamboo flooring, but it's my
impression that this is a newly-developed product; I first hear about it
from some designer type, and am suspicious as I am of everything I've
never heard of before...  To this posting, I recommend the following:

PLYBOO, environmentally friendly "wood" substitute for trim, but I'm not
sure if it works for flooring.  We're using it to trim casework, and
it's beautiful.  We're also using wheatboard, recycled pop bottles, and
a whole lot more.  The project will receive a LEED silver or gold
rating.  The best part is that it is also rehabilitation of a
turn-of-the-century central campus medical building at the University of
Michigan.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street