BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:15:37 -0800
Hi Leland,  I'll answer your ? first.  We have LOTS of snow, about 2 feet
of "old" snow and a bit of new with it still coming down.  We got mostly
rain this time around but just a few miles north it is all snow.  Hope we
get to sugarin' season right soon though.  My brother has only boiled once
and made about 20 gallons--'nuf for one good pancake as the old timer used
to say.

Now to get to the real subject at hand.  As I understand the
"Constitution,"  "Old Ironsides" is a ship from the Revolutionary War.  It
is very old and has had to be repaired many times.  I would presume that
when it is repaired new material has to be used to replace rotten or worn
out material.  At what point does this ship cease to be "Old Ironsides,"
Revolutionary War battleship, and become a replica?  Yup, we do ax a lot of
?  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT