BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 21:17:38 -0100
Jimbo DP;

Actually it was as an early tween on seeing what I vaguely remember as
the hunter's hut at Colonial Williamsburg that I got hooked on this
sometimes damnable career. As I rmember not too far off from when I hit
you so accuratly in the eye with a green apple thrown off a stick...
which the thread on cannon accuracy has me thinkin' about. A big issue
w/ restored villages is authenticity of the fabric. Either it has it,
and I think particularly for those of us in the 'trades perspective' it
is the barf index when it does not, but purports to have it just the
same when it very obviously does not. Then again there is just something
incredibly compelling about the coyote/trickster aspect of faux historic
rendering.

A friend not on this list told me last night, while I was sitting on the
LIRR waiting for a bus as there was another fatality (pedestrian
trespasser fatality at Islip... whatever the hell that is) that he is
well along in removing  the 600 series blocks in the cornice of 1000 or
more blocks on whatever building it is... can you hear me now? cell
phone degradation static to noise... and on the backside of one block
found initials and name date 1853 as crisp and clean in pencil as the
Getty could dream of... whereas he says the Penn dendochronologists
dated the work post-civil infarcation unpleasantness. That there is
authenticity where the trades recorded themselves in a self-documenting
time capsule.

There is this dinner north of FBF in Brooklyn that has parrots nesting
in a colony on top of a pole next to a transformer. I'd like to know the
history of that.

][< JL