BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:24:54 -0600
Michael,
I find a "used" book much more interesting when I can see who has leafed
through it before me.  Who has seen an inscription "To Felix, from your
Dearest Anna, on our Anniversary" and not wanted to know more about the
couple; or simply a name like "Alice Warner" and not wondered who she was,
why she obtained the book, and more importantly why she let it go?  I too,
leave my mark on each of my books, simply so they come back to me if I lend
them out.  If you are concerned about the book's value, write it in pencil
-- it can always be gently erased.  Of course, if I'm going to catch up
with the rest of the bookworms on this list, I won't be selling any of my
volumes soon!