BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maja Mozetic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:07:18 -0700
I have been using some heaters , one on the upper
floor and one the lower floor which seems to be
working so far. One of the good things with the wide
walls is that, once you warm them up they tend to keep
the warmth inside and its surprising how warm it is
inside. We have no fireplaces, but there are the
remains of the old kitchen that was upstairs. I do not
know if you are aknowledged with the custom of these
areas to have the kitchen upstairs instead of
downstairs because downstairs was used as the barn and
basement for vine, cattle and tools. The bedrooms and
kitchen were upstairs. So, we have the chimney left
upstairs we plan to use when we install the central
heating.
The house used to have an odd smell of urinating since
the old lady who lived there (my grandpas) sister kept
7 cats with her. It was also wet inside which made a
beautiful combination so your nose could enjoy it. We
managed to clean everything at least 50 times and
since we moved in, the house aquired a smell of life.
Maja

=====