BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
This isn`t an office, it`s hell with fluorescent lighting.
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:27:56 -0500
What's the plan for this space?  Is it going to be used for your wife's "shoutin' the blues" performances?  If it is you might want to pay serious  attention to the acoustics and the materials chosen, especially if the performances are likely to be highly amplified (I can almost hear the tin vibrating with the bass).  What might work for a restaurant might not be good for a nightclub situation.

Stay away from Styrofoam if you plan to have pyrotechnics.  On second thought just stay away from it entirely.

We do agree with Ilene that we see the perforated metal ceilings used (in a hallway with low ceilings) and others who worry about the repainting (maybe thinning the paint to avoid bridging the holes and spraying it on rather than rolling or brushing it?).  Our perforated metal pan ceiling is backed up with fiberglass insulation, the pans are interlocking, maybe snap into a metal grid of some sort, and are 1'x2' as I recall.  The building (located in Syracuse, NY) is being gutted and we would get LEED credit if the ceiling was recycled...

I forget if you mentioned when you first told us of your schoolhouse purchase what the basic construction of the building is--is it all old wood frame with plaster walls and ceilings or the newer concrete/tile block institutional style?  Will you be appearing on HGTV's "Extreme Homes?"

This sounds like my my kind of space...

Bruce "able to fill large spaces with no problem" Marcham