BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:46:28 EDT
I'm not going, but may I highly recommend the presentation by J. Carter Brown
on May 10, 2000, at the Colony Club at noon on the history of his family's
Fisher's Island House "Windshield", designed by Richard Neutra in 1936.  Mr.
Brown is an impressive and polished speaker, his presentation made
unforgettable by film of the house burning in the night on New Year's Evey
1975.  It's a benefit for the Friend of the Upper East Side Historic
District.  It's $125 a pop but Brown is so impressive a speaker it's a
bargain.  Contact the Friends 212-535-2526.

Christopher Gray

Who has recently been included in "The 2000 Outstanding Writers of the
20th Century".  Listing in this magnificent volume "cannot be bought" but
is based "on personal achievement alone"; however, strictly for your
convenience, you may purchase the GRAND EDITION for $165.00 -
and don't forget a second copy for the country house!!!