BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P on ICORS: HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:20:44 -0500

It's nothing. It was all done by the transition scripts prepared by the
ICORS folks. What you are seeing is the most recent, up-to-date version
of the Listserv software (St. Johns was running an old version; they
hadn't been spending any money on us other than bandwidth [which was
probably not an insignificant thing, seeing as they killed the free
lunch]).

- check them at

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A1=ind0109&L=bullamanka-p
inheads - and ran across this post, from the Sunday before the Tuesday.
Long time ago, wasn't it?

Yes, it was a very long time ago. Here's the master link for our home
page (which as it turns out is the most fabulously customized home page
on all of ICORS, thanks to ]<en).

http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

The search engine is incredible. You can type in just a few words from a
post you recall from more than a half decade ago, and it will bring up
exactly what you are looking for. We are having a little dust-up here in
Raleigh about our new convention center hotel and the developer's
proposal to substitute EIFS for the exterior cladding that was indicated
in their initial proposal. Some members of City Council weren't too
thrilled about that. So I typed these search terms into the engine:

Search for: 'synthetic stucco sand'
The author's address is or contains: 'edison'

and got the exact post I was looking for:

<http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A2=ind0210&L=BULLAMANKA-
PINHEADS&P=R28947&I=-3&X=7DA0B74709F96A97D5&Y=dan.becker%40ci.raleigh.nc
.us>

'I hate it when people call something by a different name just to
make it sound like something it isn't. Like "Synthetic Stucco" -- It
isn't stucco at all - - it's latex paint with a whole bunch of sand
mixed into it. But synthetic stucco (I will leave name brand
defamation to Ralph) sounds so much better than sand paint. What are
you using for the walls of my new 20 million dollar corporate office
building? "Synthetic stucco" sounds good. "Styrofoam, a little thin
set cement and sand paint" doesn't sound too good. A client might have
undesireable thoughts like "maybe this could fall apart after the
checks clear".'

dan i love you guys (and gals) becker

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina  Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.”