BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gray, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:13:36 -0400
Ilene was referring to the St. Charles streetcar.  Think you pick it up at
Carondolet and Canal.  It goes out St. Charles Ave. thru the Garden
District, past Loyola, Tulane, and Audubon Park then makes a right thru a
shopping area, ends and then you reboard and ride back to Canal.  It gives
you a snippet of the Garden District architecture without having to fight
traffic.  I have info and websites for NO (I go down there 3-4 times a
year).  For starters try http:/www.prcno.org a SUPER crew working largely on
reclaiming residential properties, but also saving the Leeds Foundry
building.  They were also movers and shakers in reclaiming the Warehouse
Arts District.

Arkie Cuz