BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:34:06 -0500
ventured  Ralph  <[log in to unmask]> perplexidly:

> Pirate King,
>
> How have you had time in your brief life to do all this stuff?  Peat fires,
> Frogs, all the other 8 plagues (Larry and Young Mike Edison, that one's for
> you.  The rest of you, have a Bud. Or a Coke and a smile.)  Much less to
> write it all down?  Are you really a mason, or just another teller of tales?
> And how are we to know?
>
> Just asking...

now ralph, these stories Have To Be True -- he couldn't make this stuff up  ;)

some of us have just lived real fast, or maybe it is, that the world
is just slower for us than it is for other people, so we can fit more in .....
I don't try to tell stories anymore, because no one ever believes them...
now I just collect them

I know I don't travel a straight line when I go somewhere --
there are always a lot of loopbacks and sidelights and odd characters encountered,
and people always ask me later, "now, tell me again how it was that
you ended up in baton rouge on your way to denver this past summer?"  ;)

and I can vouch for the fact that pirate is a mason, having assisted him
in his shadetree masonry demo at IPTW....
he and nick can crack a stone neatly .. or get someone from the audience to do it  ;)
hell, he got me to tie a sling on a huge stone to lift it, and I didn't have a clue
what I was doing, just following his directions, but it worked, to my amazement  ;)