BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:21:17 -0400

I can tell you why they are loathe to use it here: it's not
standardized; in their view, it requires special engineering to ensure
that it doesn't settle. Basically, they will build a roadbed underneath
it, then add the blocks on top. More costly, hard to snowplow, and when
you drive over it, you go bumpity, bumpity, bumpity.

Stop being so romantic. Get practical, man. Haven't you noticed? It's
the 21st century. Join the program.

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.   "Dagnabit Muskie, who dropped
Raleigh Historic           the cotton pickin' curtain on
Districts Commission       my toe bone?"
[log in to unmask]                          - Deputy Dawg
919/890-3678