BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 17:37:57 -0500

> I checked it out with another account, not the one subscribed to BP.  I
> find it otherwise.  The world is at our doorstep.

The secrets out. After I found out that the site did not discriminate on
the basis of age, sex, religious affiliation, racial identity, weight,
physical condition, or non-subscription to BP I pointed a few carefully
selected friends to it. Not one of them has communicated with me since.
Wonder why?

 Chances are that upon
> reviewing the archive, they will slam the door on themselves, and run
> screaming into the night.  I'm not particularly concerned that our mental
> and digital perambulations are open to viewing public.  Might help to
smash
> a few stereotypes among the public about preservationists.  Me, it's been
> long time since I was mistaken for "a little old lady in tennis shoes."

Did anyone ever ask Ken why there was an intended firewall? Ken?

I'll add my vote for public access. Who knows, someone might even post
something practical some day and we might want to point a non-subscriber to
it.

Bruce