BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:25:48 -0100
Brian,

Short flash stories.

Paint: Tony Shifrazzi gallery in Soho. He handled Warhol and Keith
Haring. I got a call some irrate performance artist had thrown gold
paint on the storefront of the gallery. Could we come and remove the
paint before it got too well set? So I went and looked at it. Quite a
mess all over the glass, the cast iron, the sidewalk. Yeah sure. So I
sent out the crew w/ paint stripper and pressure washers. Got a report
back that crazy things were going on there. Some story about how
Shifrazzi had been involved in stealing gold bullion from the irrate
artist's father in Iran buried in a secret cave. What? As the crew was
working the irrate artist sat in his 60's era convertible Cadillac
across the street and videotaped the removal of his gold paint. That
would have been enough except the car was painted all different colors
and was decked with all sorts of fuzzy gew gaws... an artiste's car, and
this irrate artist dude with the purple spikey hear with all the metal
piercings etc. ...I should not forget the leopard stripe leotards and
the aviator's scarf... was bounding all over the place shooting the
scene and yelling at the top of his lungs. What reminds me is Twy's
comments on beer cans on the cornice... what got the crew most upset was
not the scene on the street but that tenants of the building from higher
floors were simultaneiously dropping flower pots off their fire escapes.
I always think back on this project that we were the working-class
deconstructionist artists.

][<