BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in bed I'm a tourist.
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:17:53 -0500
Ralph is correct about end grain and painting.  Don't know about
mahogany.  You might want to detail a metal covering over the
blantantly horizontal surfaces.  But there is no way around it...if you
are going to use wood, use the best wood you can find, with the
tightest grain, fit it tight, prime everything, paint everything and
paint it again...and again...and again.  Hire someone ona  forever
contract to come and paint it every two years or so whether it needs it
or not.

You might try a wood preservative.  There's a lot of expertise on that
stuff on the list.

Sure is a pretty building.

-jc