BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:02:41 -0500

There are also the affiliated Public Works Administration (PWA) projects. Raleigh's 1939 Water Treatment Plant was constructed using PWA funding. It is an incredible industrial structure where the building itself is the machine. Yet the level of architectural expression (Art Deco) and finish is second to none.

Regrettably, a promising adaptive use proposal never came to pass and it sits unused today. It is in good hands awaiting its day to shine, but it is a shame that it is not currently open to the public.

http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/travel/raleigh/ebb.htm

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.   "Have nothing in your house that
Raleigh Historic              you do not know to be useful
Districts Commission          or believe to be beautiful."
[log in to unmask]                         -- William Morris
919/516-2632

--

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>