BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Stevenson, Pam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Only in Vermont: "What is Cerveza? --Ruth"
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:00:14 -0500
I went to bed early last night, trying to fend off a cold, so I did not
watch the turning on of the memorial lights.  This morning, as the radio
came on and I slept through the news, I was vaguely aware of the story on
the lights being turned on.  In my half waking/half dreaming state, I saw
the lights being turned on from different vantage points (NPR must have been
interviewing people and asking what they saw???).  It was very strange,
especially when I finally crawled out of bed and got the morning paper.
What I saw in my mind was what was on the front page of the paper.  Maybe
the memorial is a communal conscience.

I thought the presentation of the film Monday night was done quite
respectfully, although Robert DeNiro (sp?) seemed too pleading and scripted.
Perhaps he was uncomfortable.  I was glad CBS didn't remove the language
because the people were only saying exactly what everyone was thinking that
day.  Perhaps the "permanent" WTC monument will be the sphere that is
sitting in Battery Park.

- Pam