BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:27:22 -0500
Eric,

These are all good points.  My roof exam was cursory. It was a big
picture visit.  Tomorrow I get a better chance to look it over.  Your
points are well taken.  The roof may indeed still be under warrantee,
it is only 10+/- years old.  Large trees overhang the roof and pretty
much have it surrounded.  So, ten years of accumulation is what we
probably have.  There is no indication of any roof leaks or flashing
problems... but there are indications that the roof drains and storm
water system are compromised.  The debris clogging the stormwater
system remains the best hypothesis for an event that has not yet
repeated itself.  But, the occupant is new to the building.

I'll look into the roof warrantee, maybe somebody got creative... it
happens.

But, the potential to do damage to the membrane while cleaning the
debris was what was driving me into the public arena for some
advice.  Surely some trade does this work and is sufficiently bonded?

-jc