BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:55:11 EST
In a message dated 97-12-22 23:06:46 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> pins with geese on them along with cards
I'm no giant, but I want a goose pin!

John,
Here are some quotes you can attribute to Ken Follett, and then let the
teacher figure out which Ken Follett you got them from. That should be fun.
][<en Follett

>  1.  People who share a common direction and sense of purpose can get
>  there more quickly.
"The stupid geese flew to the north pole and turned into frozen dinners for
polar bears."
"Lemmings move quickly enough to get to the same place."
"A well packed flock of geese is an improved target for the hunter."

>  2.  Its harder to do something alone than together.
"Nothing worth doing is easy."
"Its harder to do nothing together than alone."
"Its easier to be a stupid flock than a lone genius."
"Going with the flow leads to the gutter."

>  3.  Shared leadership and interdependence gives us each a chance to lead
>  as well as an opportunity to rest.
"Shared leadership and interdependence gives us each a chance to decide who
gets to clean up the cat's hair ball." <Not me!>
"Shared leadership and interdependence gives us each a chance to marry the
same frog."
"The Golden Goose was slaughtered by consensus."
"Shared leadership and interdependence gives us each a chance to have fried
eggs for brains."

>  4.  Encouragement is motivating.  We need to make sure our "honking" is
>  encourageing, not discouraging.
"Its harder to cook a honking goose."
"They didn't understand me: I was honking at the chicken barbecue."
"Honk out of turn and we will cut your beak off."
"Too late, she found out a well rehearsed honk will not stop a speeding
greyhound."

>  5.  We may all need help from time to time.  We should stand by our
>  colleagues in difficult times.
"A goose standing on your head makes for a bad hair day."
"We bravely gathered together as the jet turbine sucked us into instant pillow
stuffing."
"Women that stand with geese get dirty feet."

>  Since my concern is more
>  with an individual child...and less on whether the school accepts her as
>  the head goose...I would like some quotes to contradict these.

And now for my unfamous ethnic jokes...

How does an ethnic drive a car?
With two pigs and a whip.

How does an ethnic spead up a car?
Whips harder.

How does an ethnic stop a car?
Shoots the pigs.

How does an ethnic fly an airplane?
Swaps the pigs for Canadian geese. <therefore the relevance to the rest of
this message>

What's the difference between an American and an Australian ethnic?
In Australia they use kangaroos.

Makes for a bumpy ride.

How does Ken Follett tell a joke?
When the flock groans.