BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Epperly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The parapyschology listserv ....
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 06:35:38 -0700
Well., Yes I can tell you what I know. Microcotta was installed on the
Ritz Carlton in San Francisco in one of the more extream weather areas
about 12yrs ago. The pieces were about 4ft high,3 1/2ft long and a foot
thick, making up a railing for a deck over the entrance. They were
installed to match color and patina of the Terra Cotta which makes up
the rest of the building. The pieces of what were called Microcotta
were foam filled fiberglass with a gellcoat over them. They do not look
any different today than when installed. As far as freeze/thaw goes..as
long as the joints are calking you are ok. Same thing as a fiberglass
hull on a boat.There is a Co. that I visited near Chicago a cupple of
weeks ago and they had some pretty state of the art stuff.
www.greatlakesmillwork.com
Good Luck..