BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:40:07 -0500
Ruth Barton wrote:

>Up here we just bow reverently and call them "sir."  Ruth

Pam's jarhead was short -- a bit on the munchkin Napoleonic dwarf side.
Bowing to height impaired jarheads can be hazardous to one's health.
Not all jarheads are short. She just got herself a bad one is all.
If anyone does not have a local jarhead to support then let me know.
We have one in Qatar who, along with his mates, yearns for stateside
e-mails.

Last night there was an helicopter out over the neighborhood... it was
black I suppose.
WIth a search light. Hovering. County cop cars were slowly moving around
on the streets.
We have rumors of smuggling in off the Atlantic so helicopters are not
unusual.
We have people getting their throats slit on street corners downtown. So
cops are not unusual.
Our jarhead's mom, who lives in the house behind us called us shortly
afterwards.
Said she had been in the shower spreading some sort of egg solution on
her hair as a conditioner.
She looked out and saw a beam of light shining on the south side of our
house.
She was yelling, "Take me! Take me!"
She thought we were getting beamed up.
So she called to 1) see if we were still on earth and 2) wanted to know
if we would put in a good word for her.
Some people never get to go anywhere exciting.
This is the same mom that wanted to know if we could fax his forgotten
toothbrush to her son.
It is a mom kind of thing to worry about lost toothbrushes.
We love her.

In my experience some of the most commited pacifists are in the military.
An odd conundrum that they are willing to shoot to assure our peace.
Little did I know that I was marrying into the military-industrial
complex. When you are standing around with family with a drink waiting
for turkey and you find out the interesting wife's cousin you have been
talking with is in charge of all boats for the Navy, or that the
grandmother of your niece was the only woman present at the first
American V-2 launch, or that the nice aunt who was sweet on us worked
her way up from receptionist to lead propulsion scientist at the
Aburdeen Proving Ground, or that a good segment of the room is filled
with propulsion physicists, biological scientists and ham radio
operators, then it puts something of a different slant on "Hey, I don't
want to go."

It is our goddamned lying politicians that we have to worry about.

][< (imho)