BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:01:30 -0400
Yes. It was a denial of service attack that crippled the Akamai DNS name servers on the internet backbone. Basically any website for which Akamai was responsible for providing services for resolving the IP address was unreachable (for instance, www.apple.com is actually 207.69.188.185).

It was not a Mac problem, except insofar as being a Mac user you were not able to reach sites that serve your needs as a Mac user. A PC user would not have been able to reach them either.