BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:56:19 +0000
Ralph:

The Cheese(steak)heads have had the following in their
histo presto ordinance since 1985:

"Any person aggreived by the issuance or denial of any
permit reviewed by the Commission may appeal such action
to the Board of License and Inspection Review.  Such
appeal must be filed within fifteen (15) days of the
date of receipt of notification of the Commission's
action."  etc.

As explained to me, this means that a permit is not
granted until the appeal period (15 days) has expired.
Decisions may also be appealed by the applicant/owner.

Here in our little burg, Wilmington, DE, anyone may also
appeal any decision.  However, the concern is that once
a permit is granted, anything can happen before any
aggreived/aggravated party has a chance to object WITHIN
the appeal period.

So far, there is general support for adding a moratorium
on any activity until the appeals period has expired,
both from the Commission members and, if I remember
correctly, from L&I.  We have not yet received official
comment from the SHPO.

I guess my major concern here is whether people actually
have their permits in-hand and then have to wait, or
whether they have to wait to get their permits and, once
they have them, can act accordingly.

I don't think they write much about baloney in Philly.

-NL