BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:47:34 -0600

> One from the serious side...portion...morsel...perhaps a mere figment of a
> fragment of my brain.

Hurray, I have someone ready to listen! (The timing on this is soooo me!)

I need to develop a list of comparable historic site organizations that manage
maintenance and preservation at multiple historic sites.  The plan is to split
the list up and make phone calls to ask questions that will allow us to see how
we fit in, or do not, with our colleagues.  We'll ask about maintenance staff,
training, management, responsibility, decision making, the mechanics of funding,
financial responsibility, purchasing, contracting.  We will be specifically
interested in contracting and spending limits and procedures.

If you would suggest organizations responsible for managing 15-30 historic
sites, and provide a contact for each, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-jc