From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2015 22:44:55 -0500
Hi Group,

I live near Buffalo, NY which is right on the Canadian border.  I hear 2
strong Ontario weather stations on 161.65 and 161.775 MHz from Colberg
and Toronto.  In the 163 range, I hear nothing American, but that US
federal government frequency range is jam full of Canadian business
traffic.  I hear several taxi cab stations on those frequencies.  In the
good old days before proprietary encryption, these business
transmissions interfered quite regularly with FBI, FCC, DEA, and other
federal government things of interest.  The Canadians were using a
dissimilar frequency allotment--say 5 or 7.5 kHz different from the US
traffic, but with those old wide selectivity scanners, this did cause
problems for me--probably not for the thousand dollar and above
government hardware.