From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 20:50:30 -0500
Mike,

Here are a few things to get you going in the right direction.   You
don't have to do this all at one time, and I've broken it up with "***"
so you can  do it a step at a time.

All of these are done under the drop down menus.

Under File menu, arrow down to "create new log" and give your log a
name.  your call sign is as good as anything.
  **
Under Options, go to  "log fields, fonts, default file" and enter the
name of your new log under the default file.   There are also options
to select date and time format.  I don't remember what the default
settings are, but I would guess "use UTC" is checked.  If not, check it
  and tab down to "save".  This will make your new log  open each time
you start the program and time will show in UTC.
***
Under "edit" menu, make sure "use defaults for new entries" is checked
.  On this page tab down a bunch of times until you get to the check
boxes.  Make sure these are checked:

Set time to current time
Set date to current date
Get frequency from rig
Get mode from rig.

Then save page

***
Final thing, "Options"menu go to "HF rig port select".,.

A lot of this stuff you won't have to mess with.  Shift-tab once and
select the comm port you will use on the pc.  Tab down  a couple of
times till you see a list of radios and use arrow keys to select
"kenwood".  Continue tabbing and confirm the following and make changes
if needed

Baud rate 9600
parity none
data bits 8
stop bits 2
flow control  cts rts

The above may set automaticly when you select "kenwood", but it won't
hurt to check.    This stuff should all match  what is set inside the
radio, unless someone changed radio menus.

You don't have to worry about the other settings on this page.  Tab to
"save" and save the page

The software will now get date and time from the pc, and with the radio
connected via a straight through serial cable (no null modem cable) , it
will get freq and mode from the radio.

I know this was a lot of junk, but it's the basic set up that needs to
be done so everything works right.

73, good luck, Steve KW3A