From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:22:48 -0500
Darren,

You can go as high as  your local town, XYL and bank account will let you.
Above 200 feet, it needs to be lighted and I think painted per FAA regs and
you have to file with the FAA.   I did a Google search, and while I couldn't
find exactly what I was looking for, like an FCC rule, there were a few
references to being within 2 miles of an airport having to  limit hight and
file with the FAA.

I'm pretty sure that being 3.5 miles from a small airport puts you far
enough away so that the airport will be the least of your  problems.

73, Steve KW3A