From:
"Jim Kutsch, KY2D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:58:22 -0400
Gerry,
I think the KX3 is an amazing radio. I have had mine for  a little over a
year now and am very happy with it. It has the best receiver of any rig I
have used. It has the advantages of a software defined radio combined with
full front panel knobs and buttons as the user interface. So, you do not
need to have a PC connected. It has an optional built-in antenna tuner that
works well.

As for accessibility, the knobs and buttons report what has changed in CW.
Also, the frequency can be read out on request via CW. One thing that isn't
available in CW is the options in the setup menu. But, those may have CW
readout in a future firmware release. However, menu options can be changed
through CAT commands from a P C with a screen reader.

It's a QRP rig with max power of 12 Watts. With my minimal antenna
situation, I, personally, want a little more power. I have the matching
Elecraft KXPA100 linear amp on order but they haven't started shipping yet.
The amp will be fully controlled from the rig and thus, the CW readout will
be available.

There are at least two other KX3 owners here on the list and I know they are
very happy too.

73, Jim