From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:03:07 -0400
Hi.

Actually, I need to stick up for System Access which is what the Freedom
Box screen reader is called.  Although it hasn't got some of the bells and
whistles for advanced features of Microsoft Office, you actually can do an
awful lot with System Access.  The downside to it is what you see is what
you get.  There isn't much configuring to it, but it's access to the
Internet is quite good, and it's access to the Windows operating system is
very good.  If you need something portable to move from machine to machine,
it is awfully tough to beat, especially since you don't have to screw
around with trying to hook video intercepts like you would with
JAWS.  While that's not a huge deal, the fact remains that if I need to
move to another machine, the less I have to do to get up and going, the better.

73, de Lou K2LKK