From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 20:15:47 -0600
Tom,
I agree with Butch - replace the pass transistors and the driver
transistor and you are probably good for another fifteen years.  If
you would move to Glen Ellyn or Wheaton I have a couple of competent
friends who could do repairs, but the way it is you are too damned
far away for a lunch-repair trip!
And didn't you say you had a 30 amp. switcher - should do all you
need with headroom and fill in until you get the Astron fixed.  I
have an extra Astron meterless 35 amp. supply you would be welcome to
use, but mailing would be pricy!  But it's here if you would like to use it.