From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:21:01 -0500
Hi,all.

Here's a little Christmas gift from Scott Davis, maker of the famous N3FJP
logging software.

Thought it might be of interest to some.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

CW Teacher 1.0 is Now Available!

Whether you want to learn Morse code from scratch, never having heard a dit
in your life, or you just want to speed up your copy for CW contesting, CW
Teacher will help!

I like CW, but I've never been particularly fast, so for most of my Amateur
Radio life, I've gravitated towards SSB for contesting. More recently, I've
come to realize that copying the short contest exchanges at 25 words per
minute (WPM) and higher can actually be easier than a longer rag chew at 18
WPM. I've been spending more time with CW contests and I've really come to
enjoy them!

I had been thinking about creating a tool to help folks learn CW or increase
their speed. Then, my son Brad, KB3MNE, mentioned an interest in learning
CW. That was all the catalyst I needed to create this CW Teacher software!

This program will teach you Morse Code at your own pace. Set the sending
rate at 18 WPM or higher so that you learn the characters at a functional
speed, but don't worry, the software will send you each character, one at a
time and wait for you to respond. There is zero rush. The entire emphasis of
the software is teaching you to associate a sound with a letter. With just a
bit of practice, that's really easy to do!  Whether young or seasoned, this
program should easily help most anyone learn CW!

Since copying CW with a keyboard is exactly what you will be doing when you
are CW contesting, this software helps you become comfortable transferring
what you hear to your keyboard directly as well.

The emphasis of this software is teaching Morse code from the absolute
beginning, but I've also included options for more advanced practice, such
as copying random call signs and Field Day style exchanges.

This program is completely free! Please enjoy it and share it with anyone
you may know who would like to learn CW!  You'll find it here:

 <http://www.n3fjp.com/cwteacher.html> http://www.n3fjp.com/cwteacher.html