From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:47:05 -0700
Hi John,

There are a number of ways to certify your disability.  I don't believe
seeing a doctor is absolutely required.  I think another person, such as a
VR counselor, can do this for you.  We all have to see a doc from time to
time.  The doc doesn't have to be an opthomologist.  It could just be your
family doctor or general practitioner.  I really don't see this requirement
to verify your disability as being a huge deal, so long as the process for
doing this is made as accessible as possible.  You have to verify
disability.  Doesn't that make sense?